October 1, 2012

I'm 2 years Post Relaxer TODAY!

18 months post relaxer
You guys! Today marks my 2 year anniversary of not straightening my hair! A full 24 months! My last hair relaxer was 2 years ago TODAY, October 1, 2010. Here's a pic of me one day after my last relaxer on October 2, 2010. Take a walk with me won't you? And let's revisit my own natural hair journey..

First, my straight hair... I miss it sometimes, but it's mostly the length I miss. I love my curly hair! And hair grows back so...

During my transition (15 months!) The two textures kept me with a scarf or hat on or slicked back and wavy

My first glimpse of my curly hair!

WATCH: My Natural Hair Journey Part 1 below:


After transitioning for 15 months, I finally cut off my relaxed ends on January 1, 2012. This pic is from the day I cut it.

WATCH: Me and my "Brand New Hair" below:

I started to experiment with braid outs (takes longer to do) and twist outs (they're quicker so I do them more) check me out below really feeling a twist out I did a while back, lol
And I've noticed a marked change in the thickness of MY HAIR since going natural. I can't speak on anyone else's experience, but in my own experience, my hair had started to thin with my relaxers, but since letting it grow curly, I've experienced increased volume and crazy thickness. Awesome. 
A few of my favorite products to use in my hair are coconut oil, olive oil Rosemary, Peppermint and Sweet Basil (my favorite!!) essential oils, Kinky Curly Knot Today, Jason Aloe Vera Gel, Eco Styler Gel, Shea Butter, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave In, Hawaiian Silky Curl Activator (if you use Kinky Curly Curling Custard, compare the ingredients to Hawaiian Silky. And then compare the price, then guess which one I buy now, lol)
A couple of my favorite curly haired Youtubers:
Naptural85 and taren916
Naptural85
taren916
My one year "big chop" anniversary is coming up on January 1, 2013!

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails