August 11, 2012

My DIY Floral Pants...


I never wanted a pair of floral pants. At least I thought I didn't. Then the floral pants trend exploded all over Spring 2011 and 2012 and then I started to see cool pics of regular people wearing them all over Pinterest (like here and here) and I said to myself, "self, that's a pretty cool look that you just might be able to pull off." My sis-in-law gave me the (thrifted) dress that I used to make the pants back in 2009 to see if I could make a costume for my niece for something she was in, well that ended up not happening (my niece went with something else) but I still had the size 22 dress. It's been in my pile of fabric until recently when I was inspired to dig it out to attempt a pair of skinny pants. I had already re-drafted a pattern by removing the darts (blah) and tapering the legs (remember these?) I tweaked the pattern just a bit more to make these floral pants, but the pants are basically the same. I'd love to know what ya'll think! But FYI, I already love them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails