July 9, 2012

SEWING DIY: My Poolside Summer Dress...

I purchased this fabric a little while ago from the clearance section at the fabric store and it listed at $5 bucks a yard. I asked for 2 yards because I initially wanted to make a blouse to try some floral pattern mixing with this pair of floral pants I finished a few weeks ago. The red and navy blue just clicked in my head that it might work. But when the lady at the fabric store rang me up, she told me it was $5 bucks TOTAL since it was from the clearance section. And at that price? I promptly told her to hold up while I went to get 3 more yards cut because I knew I could do a cute dress with more yardage. I love looking at cute dresses, I love making cute dresses, I just love, love, love cute dresses. A dress is an entire outfit in one piece. Genius.

I took the pattern from this dress right here, then re-cut and re-drafted the pattern for this red floral off-the-shoulder dress. I'm way more pleased with my pattern drafting skills today than I was a while ago. I'm getting much more comfortable doing it. You really can perfect a skill by continuing to practice it. And my red and white floral, poolside, beach vacation, summer date night dress is proof positive of that :)

2 comments:

  1. Bright color and off the shoulder? This is so me! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love this look...you did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails