April 10, 2012

I Dyed! A Tan Jacket Bright Yellow.


I've owned this tan, cotton Old Navy jacket for a few years now, and it's been a dependable and sturdy companion to wear with jeans, shorts or flowy summer dresses. It wasn't until recently that I had another light bulb moment in thinking that I could make this jacket more current by adding a splash of bright color, and below are my results! I was quite pleased with them. More pics on my Instagram...  you can follow me if you feel so inclined, and the process I followed to dye my jacket with Rit dye is HERE (I did the washing machine method)



3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job. Your jacket is awesome and since it's already spring, wearing bright color is a fun way and the best way to brighten up any outfit.

    wWw.FashionFitOut.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great way to freshen up an item and make it seem brand-new. This goes hand-in-hand with shopping in your own closet. I love it! It's fun, it's funky, and you look great in it. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely jacket its so simple and elegant.


    strap jacket

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails