August 13, 2011

August 13th is Alfred Hitchcock's Birthday...


Alfred Hitchcock was born on August 13th 1899 according to Wikipedia, because everybody knows Wikipedia is the way you verify things in 2011. Duh. Anyhoo, I had to do this post to specifically shout out my husband.


I love vintage thriller movies. LOVE. And I've seen just about all of Alfred Hitchcock's films. "Rope, To Catch a Thief, The Birds, Vertigo, Dial M for Murder - watch the theatrical murder sequence from "Dial M", North by Northwest, Psycho" and more. The reason that I'm giving my husband a shout out is this. I've been married for 15 years going on 16 this year, and it wasn't until our 15th Christmas as a couple that he got me a gift without actually asking me what he should get me and then just telling me to get it. We're talking about LAST YEAR. Dude surprised me with not one, but TWO Alfred Hitchcock movie box sets with no repeating movies. He knew to buy me these box sets entirely from PAYING ATTENTION. I cannot tell you how significant this was. My absolute shock at opening this gift was immeasurable. And he knew it too, lol. I have to say, he was pretty pleased with himself.

So shout out to my husband Ron today on Alfred Hitchcock's 112th birthday for shocking and delighting me last Christmas (I didn't think it was possible) with my Alfred Hitchcock box sets. 
I love them :)

1 comment:

  1. The characters are average people with ordinary intelligence and subdued by ordinary fears. This realism makes the haunting occurrences more shocking.
    http://modernartists.blogspot.com/2011/10/alfred-hitchcock-rear-window-and-beyond.html

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails