July 14, 2011

My Transition From Relaxed to Natural (Part 1)

I've been "officially" transitioning from relaxed to natural hair since February 2011 when I finally decided I wouldn't get another relaxer. My last relaxer was October 1, 2010, one day before my cousin Brenda's beautiful New Orleans wedding. Dealing with my hair was a bit of a struggle at first, but once I discovered all the natural hair phenoms on Youtube, I was good to go with everything I was learning. I'm excited about my curly hair! Mostly because I didn't realize that I even had curly hair. I really didn't. Anyhoo, in my haste to get my vid uploaded to Youtube, I failed to do a spellcheck and I misspelled "transition" at the end, but you'll look past that won't you? And let me know what you think :)

2 comments:

Ms A said...

Love the texture. I 'transitioned for 6 months then relaxed a couple of weeks ago and feel better. My hair type is 4bz and it is not a joke. I would be natural if I had your natural texture.

I am looking out for the next one. But why big chop?

Oh, you have some production skills lady. I am very impressed!!

Chanel said...

Thanks Ms A! I'm not sure what my texture is, parts of it seem like its 4 something, but other parts seem like it might be at the end of the 3's? IDK. I'll be 10 months post relaxer on August 1st and one year post on October 1. My plan is to cut it at 15 months post which will be Jan 1, 2012. But in all honesty, I'm anxious to cut it NOW, lol. Just looking to have a bit more growth. Youtube has really helped in my transition. The detangling was my worst nightmare, but not so much anymore :)

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails