March 29, 2009

Two Dresses With an Extra Side of Splenda...

Two yellow dresses, both with pockets!

I just finished the strapless dress on the right (on 3/28/09) for one of my most favorite cousins who shall remain nameless, whose birthday I missed recently and she was none too pleased with me. I did it as a surprise for her. And to make up for missing her birthday. I don't usually like sewing (custom) for people I much prefer just doing "ready-to-wear." If people like it, then I love it. I have a few pieces of my "ready-to-wear" things in my etsy store right now. Have you been to my etsy store? I'm still putting fun stuff in there, but you should really give it a look see if you haven't already!

Anyhoo, yesterday when I was done with my cousin's dress, I wanted to see how it looked with a tie belt and all I had on hand was a piece of red scrap satin fabric. It was long enough so I tied it on, and as soon as I had it on, the dress instantly looked like a cupcake to me. These two dresses together are like a Splenda explosion! All the brightness! But that being said, bright color was still one of the top 10 trends for Spring '09, so turns out, I wasn't that far off after all. I still have to put the ruffle hem on her dress, the same as on my yellow mini dress (and you've seen my yellow mini dress before. Remember my "Juicy Inspiration?") I think I'm going to make her a green tie belt (instead of the red) to cut back on some of the sugary sweetness. I think a green belt would make it more "Springtime." 
What do ya'll think?

1 comment:

nitabita said...

The red belt is fly! Green or turquois (sp?) would be really springtime. Love the concept! you know this is my all time fav CWD!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails