September 5, 2008

Where Are The Updates??


Blame Hurricane Gustav! A whole week and no updates on this page.. the hurricane hit New Orleans and Baton Rouge (where I live..) on Monday September 1st, and we've had massive power outages across the city and state since then. The damage to Baton Rouge was much worse (mostly from wind damage) than people had expected. I've only been able to check my email on my cell phone. The inconvenience of no electricity has been.. oh, how can I put it.. not fun! No lights, no air, no Internet, but thank God, everyone in my family is safe and doing ok considering. There's so much I've missed this week! Top Model's Cycle 11 premiere, the RNC (gotta know what we're up against, lol!), this week's Project Runway and New York's FASHION WEEK kicks off today! I'm updating from my brother's house right now, he has generator power. This thing was serious! But we're praying that the power will be restored in the next few days. Just wanted to let people know what was going on here at Hip Candy. I'm still here! And as soon as we get power back on, it's back on right here at Hip Candy. But until then, I hope you'll visit my link partners and keep checking back for updates, cuz they're coming! I appreciate y'all sticking with me...
For emergency information in affected areas,visit www.emergency.louisiana.gov

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear you and your fam are safe! Hope the power gets restored soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS GOING ON! WELL ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU AND YOURS ARE SAFE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I HAD NO POWER 4 4 DAYS TIL MY PARENTS WENT AND GOT AN $800 GENERATOR FROM A STREET VENDOR AND I STOOD IN LINE 4 2 HRS FOR GAS SOON AS I GOT HOME WHAT DO YOU KNOW???...MY POWER WAS BACK...I LIVE IN BR MOVED A YR AGO 4RM CALIFORNIA...I DNT KNO IF I CAN DO THIS AGAIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are safe and well, which is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails