June 24, 2008

Style Verdict: Gladiator Sandals


I honestly tried to ignore this trend, but these shoes are everywhere, so it makes it kinda hard not to notice.  Gladiator Sandals, an ancient trend dating back to the Roman Empire and biblical times, is made current in 2008.  The gladiator sandal is a trend that has been developing for the last couple seasons.  They came out with a strong designer presence (Dolce & Gabbana, Prada) but now the mainstream has caught on so now you can own a pair and still fill up your tank with gas, lol!  I'm still pretty much iffy on these shoes, but I wanna know what you think about the trend.  Do you like it?  Hate it?  Don't care?  Would you wear it?  I wanna know your style verdict.


Wanna browse around for more Gladiator Sandals?  Click The Hip Candy Store to shop for Gladiator Sandals by Steve Madden, Kenneth Cole, Nine West and more!

9 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan in the beginning, but they have definitely grown on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many variations that practically any sandals with multiple straps is being called a gladiator. I bought a pair of fairly obvious ones, but it took me a long time to wear them. I felt too conspicuously trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pair of gladiator sandals when I was around nine years old. I liked them then, and still do. However, I don't plan on following this trend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wasnt a fan at first. I was more like wth?? but now the gladiators have grown on me! I am actually FINALLY getting around to buying a pair of the Nine West Heech ones. And in reality it seems like EVERYONE already owns a pair of those or something. I like em alot for pairing with leggings or skinny jeans instead of ballet flats. Plus they give a diffrent look instead of plain high heels. The actual gladiator flats... eh,,, i hear those are uncomfy though because they make it hard to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had aq pair of heeled sandals similar to these like back in '95...guess that's why you should never throw shoes away.

    But I really wish this fad would fade soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! In a place where everyone wears flip-flops it's a nice change.

    When you wear a casual dress etc. flip flops or sneakers just don't cut it, but stilettos pumps or other "dressy" shoes seem a little too much, not to mention uncomfortable.

    This is a good balance between the two.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails