April 1, 2008

Jellies Making A Comeback? I Vote NO.


I spotted this over at My Fashion Life. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? I remember having a pair back when they were big the last time (the pair I owned looked more like these..), and yes, they were extremely popular and novel items, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they reduced your feet to this horrible, sweaty, soggy mess. So much so to the point where if you had them on long enough, you'd literally be walking around in a pool of your own sweat juices. Glamourous. But hey, if I can't make you listen to reason, and you find yourself still craving a pair, check them out here and here.

11 comments:

  1. only if i need some cute shower shoes...sweaty feet and blisters are not the hot looks for summer...

    if this is a 'cute/not cute' i say NOT CUTE. if this is a 'style verdict' i sentence this to the death penalty...this is just a fashion NO NO NO NO NO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweat juices? EW EW EW. kill this trend and kill it dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt. Bad, bad fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "you'd literally be walking around in a pool of your own sweat juices." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They're actually kinda cool at the beach (especially when you need to rinse the sand out of them). Not sure if I would wear them as an "everyday" shoe though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They kinda remind me of rainboots, without the boot part. Rain shoes? I don't know, either way, as cute as they may look (the red ones especially), I don't think it's worth the sweaty funk that they will assuredly lead to.... So, no, won't be adding these to my wardrobe.

    Maybe they could add some sort of lining/ventilation system or something.... lol I'm tryna make this work... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea i saw these in some store...not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the yellow ones sans the sweat

    ReplyDelete
  8. They might be a nice alternative for the beach, but I too remember this trend from the first time around, and the exquisite discomfort of feeling your feet slipping around in sweaty, wet plastic. Even the lacy open weave ones were bad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok... what about for the pool... like when you have to go shower or change after a swim?... Maybe?


    Still trying to make this idea work....lol

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails