April 21, 2008

I Am Not A Paper Cup...


I have a regular cup that I use for my coffee that says, "no coffee, no workee". But when I'm out and I need some liquid fuel, Starbucks is usually my main stop. The Starbucks cup has become a bit of a "status symbol" of sorts. On a trip to New York a few years ago, we learned that some of the locals called Starbucks "Six Bucks", my dad has even referred to it as "that $8 coffee". All that being said, I cannot even imagine how many cups of non-fat, peppermint mocha (with whip) that I've purchased over the years and have had to just toss away the cup.
Enter the refillable, "I Am Not A Paper Cup" ($20, and last I looked, you had to get on a waiting list for one..). I Am Not A Paper Cup is a double-walled porcelain cup with a silicone lid that's dishwasher safe, which means coffee drinkers could cut down on all the throw away cups! And that, my friend, is good for the enviroment.

7 comments:

  1. Check out our blog shop! Confidencebycc.blogg.se!!! We ship worldwide!!!
    / CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I read the last comment, I was going to ask where could I purchase one. As a mug and coffee cup collector (and great coffee maker) I would really like to add at least two to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that extra packaging in the photo, though, is not good for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous
    what you said about the packaging is true, but the re-usable cup is a fabulous start, which still makes it good for the environment.

    Let's be real here. It has to start somewhere. And it's called looking at the glass half full. You should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL... whooo that made me laugh...

    I'd LOVE one of these... *ahem* Mother's Day IS coming up... *ahem*

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails