January 6, 2008

Cashmere Mafia: Did You Watch?



Did any of you catch the sneak preview of "Cashmere Mafia" on ABC Sunday night? I guess I liked it ok. I halfway expected the show to blow me away with the styling like SATC used to do so effortlessly on a weekly basis, but it was just, 'meh' for me on the fashion front. I think I found myself trying to figure out exactly what I needed to do to get down to Lucy Liu's petite dress size more than anything else. Well really, it was probably a toss up between that and being completely shocked over what nannies get paid today. Being a nanny can be a pretty serious hustle, no?!
So if any of you watched, let me know what you thought!

6 comments:

  1. FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION THIS SHOW, AS I JUST BLOGGED ON IT TOO. I'M AWAITING LIPSTICK JUNGLE BEFORE I CAST MY VERDICT. BUT I'M OVER SATC KNOCK OFFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way...the wardrobe was unimpressive and it wasn't as funny as SATC or even Desperate Housewives. I don't know if that SATC magic can ever be recaptured again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it and I desperately want to. Does anyone know if it has been uploaded online?

    ReplyDelete
  4. (The show is online. Just go to the ABC website.)

    I must say I LOVE Cashmere Mafia. I watched the second episode recently and I had to scroll back to comment. I'll mention the clothes, but first I want to say I absolutely love the writing. I think it is a little more realistic than SATC and deals with real-life issues, especially in terms of working and taking care of a family opposed to searching for men. The first episode's styling did seem unimpressive to me as well, but I think things got better in the second episode. I think they are beginning to take some interesting chances and their were moments where all I could say was "ooh!" The gucci placement might have been a bit much and you can tell they are trying to wow the audience with the clothes so if that's the case they have to make sure the cast is on point at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was ok...did not wow me. I will probably continue to watch because nothing else is on...and I happen to like Big Shots...all though I thought this show was cancelled...I guess the writers strike gave it life, for now. I too, am anticipating the premier of Lipstick Jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always a skeptic, but I have seen three episodes so far online and I am about to watch last weeks. I LOVE this show and I will be seriously depressed if it is EVER cancelled. Take this show for what it is worth and you see that it is amazingly brillant.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails