September 21, 2007

My Bargain Tent Dress & Shoes...

How long has it been since I've done a Style Diary entry? And I'm not talking about something that I've sewn and wore, I'm talking about my random outfits that I wear out, take pictures of, put 'em up on the blog and then see what ya'll think? Yeah, it's been a while right?! Well anyways, the outfit below is what I wore to the Gottex and Terexov shows during Fashion Week on Sept. 6.


My husband and I were a little surprised as it was very warm the whole time we were in New York. We're used to being there when there's a slight "nip" in the air, but there was none of that! Which is why that dress was right on time. It was nice and breezy! And I got it on clearance! The dress is a lightweight cotton with an even lighter weight cotton lining, and get this, I didn't have a clue that the dress had pockets until I tried it on at home! Sweet. And all in this season's "it" color of oh so exciting grey. The particulars on the rest of it is below:

Grey Print Tent Dress: Old Navy ($17 on clearance!)
Grey Shoes: Payless Grey Peep-toe Slingbacks ($9 on clearance!)
Grey Sweater: Lightweight 3/4 Sleeve Button-up from my closet.
Silver Necklace: My mother's, borrowed.

8 comments:

  1. You rocked that outfit, but the more pertinent question is did you give granny her necklace back yet?!...LOL!

    -nitabita

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously embrace my philosophy - get the best for less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look mad cute! & the prices are amazing! get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked that outfit, but the more pertinent question is did you give granny her necklace back yet?!...LOL!

    -nitabita


    LOL!!!!!!

    Well, your mom made a GREAT contribution to the outfit! And I'm still LOVING the great finds at Payless.... cheap, trendy, and you can buy so many of them that you don't have to wear them ALL the time... this way they don't get so worn out. And if they DO get worn out- you won't break the bank going to get another pair!

    This look gets an A++!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is cute but it makes you look fat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luv that entire look...super chic and comfortable looking!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails