August 9, 2007

Style Verdict: Black Shirtdresses

Shirtdresses are EVERYWHERE it seems this season! And I'm loving the look myself. Especially in black. I recently posted on The Gap's version of the shirtdress, then Amerie was spotted out wearing one in blue. Then over the weekend, I purchased the black belted, pocketed (yay! pockets!) SJP one from Steve & Barry... super cute on too by the way, and at only $19.98, I was waaay cool with the price. And finally, I spot these three chicks (above) with them on (coincidentally in black) which led me to believe that they're everywhere now! So now I wanna know what you guys think about the trend. Do you love it? Hate it? Don't care? Would you wear it? I wanna know your style verdict.

Shop for other shirtdress styles:
Cynthia Rowley's black silk shirtdress, $142
Isaac Mizrahi's black shirtdress, $35

11 comments:

Sarah P ;-) said...

3 words... LOVE LOVE LOVE.

They give ANYBODY a waistline! And the black ones are even better! Pairing with a great colorful pump, purse or scarf would really do the trick!

meems said...

I have a black one on my Amazon wishlist. Im not sure if I'll look good in it. I have hips,and I dont want to look bulgy.

Ondo Lady said...

They look cool on the right person and worn in the right way. I am not sure if I will be rushing out to buy one though as I tend to stay away from black - apart from black trousers.

Erica B. said...

Thanks for the inspiration! This will make a great transional piece!

Celena said...

I love the shirtdress. As long as you get one in your size (meaning no spaces between button holes, the belt doesn't cut into your midsection, and the bottom half doesn't rise when your walk), it should be all good. I had a few in the past--they were popular in my early years of college--but I am definitely going to scoop us a few for the fall. Great post!

La Petite Quotidienne said...

i actually own one much like the one Paris Hilton is wearing in the middle. I bought mine at Express last season ($59) and I've always thought that they were very classic.
L-O-V-E the look!

Anonymous said...

I know! they're all over the place!
http://blogs.glam.com/glamchic/2007/07/02/summer-trend-the-shirt-dress/

and so incredibly flattering! thankfully this is one trend that isn't going by the wayside!

Susan @ GlamChic

WendyB said...

I hate button-down shirts so a shirtdress is definitely not for me! I think they just make me look lumpy.

Fashion Critic said...

I have in different styles. I love shirt dresses.

The Fashionista & Baby said...

I love the shirt dress; however it only looks good if you have the right build.

swb said...

Without the belt will work for me. I like the straight and narrow look.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails