August 23, 2007

Juicy Inspiration...


When I first saw pics of Jennifer Lopez and Kelly Ripa in this yellow Juicy Couture mini dress, I thought it was the cutest! And as most of you already know, I'm a huge fan of all things "cute". Chances are, if it's cute, then I'm probably already in love with it. I liked the bright yellow color of the Juicy Couture dress, the length and the fit, all of which inspired me to create my own, with pockets! And as most of you already know, I love pockets.


I did a total of 3 do-overs (or 3 seam-ripping sessions) of this dress before I finished it because I'm notorious for not taking my time and skipping steps when I sew. Thinking back on it, that's ridiculous... I'll learn one day (probably won't). But that being said, I'm super pleased with it, I've already worn it out twice, once out to dinner with my husband (where I got lots of compliments on it..) and another time just out running errands. It's fun to wear! Some of you may not be used to wearing such bright color, but I'm here to encourage you to try it! Embrace it! Bright color lifts your whole mood! Need a few pointers on how to pull off the look? Fabsugar recently had some great tips on how to harness bright color and wear it well. Check it out when you have a chance!


Related posts:

17 comments:

  1. OK... WOW. What a FANTASTIC job!

    When can I place my order?!

    YOU my friend, have skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is so cute! I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! It's also fun to see what you look like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I tend to go too fast and skip steps when I sew, too, therefore having to rip things apart. Patience is hard to find sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MUY BIEN!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Cute and cool for the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are my idol!!! lol. I have always wanted to copy one of those designer shift dresses, but have never gotten off my butt to do it. After seeing your fabulous dress, I am racing home to my machine. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thank ya'll!! I'm not gonna lie and say that it was fun to do (3x over at that, lol!), but it's certainly fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chanel,

    I think I've FINALLY been sewing long enough to figure out my mistakes ... uh ... halfway through making them.

    You look cute and comfortable, and I love the color.

    So, what "bright" color are you sewing up next?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep on sewing Kira! You can only get better...

    As for which bright color I'll be doing next, you know, I've been really feeling cobalt blue for a while now. I'll probably do another cutesy dress... dresses are way fun! It's a whole outfit all in one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, aren't you talented? Nice site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! Just one question, what type of fabric did you use and where did you find it? I can't find good fabric stores in my area (D.C.). thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. anon-
    I usually buy my fabric from Hancock Fabrics, and the craft section at Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! that's really impressive, beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails