July 2, 2007

Ratatouille The Movie: My Review.

So, ok... YES. I happen to LOVE cartoons. I have both the Cartoon Network and the spinoff network (with the good throwback cartoons!) Boomerang. I'm also most fond of all manner of animated family movies. Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, all of 'em. I currently own "Sleeping Beauty", "Beauty and the Beast", "The Aristocats", "The Jungle Book", "The Lion King I and II", among many others. I saw "Madagascar", "Happy Feet", and "Surf's Up" all on their opening weekends. So naturally, I could not wait until this new one came out with the mouse who is actually this master chef, and with PARIS as the backdrop? Oh, I was sooo there. And what an absolute cute movie it was! It lived up to every single one of my expectations. But I'm not so naive to think that this movie is gonna be for everybody. You really need to have an open mind while you're sitting there watching it. I mean, it's about a "rat" in a "fine dining" restaurant handling and cooking food. Some people aren't gonna be able to get past that. Some people may even be a little grossed out even though its an animated flick. But for those who can handle it, I thought this movie had a wonderfully refreshing plot and storyline. And without giving anything away, I can say that it was well written, well acted and well animated. I loved it! This one is definitely on my list to own.

4 comments:

  1. I was just talking about this movie over breakfast! I have GOT to see it!

    I, too, am a huge fan of the animated films. I think Madagascar is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cartoons too and definitely plan to take my mom to see this. i saw a 9 minute review on Tivo and the movie looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow cartoon addict, I'm glad to hear this one doesn't disappoint .. I'm finally gonna go see it tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this movie especially the short clip in the beginning. I was a bit skeptical to watch a film starring a rat but I was surprised by how well the plot carry on.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails