July 26, 2007

Minisocks: Would You Wear?


When I first saw these in my Elle.com email, surprisingly, I wasn't completely turned off by the look. Actually I was more intrigued than anything else...

Pairing socks with stylish shoes can be an unforgivable faux pas, but French designer Delphine Murat is futhering socks' fashion cause. Her minisocks (minisock.com) are the must-have accessory if you're looking to add color to plain pumps or a neutral outfit. They also protect feet from pinching and chafing from uncomfortable shoes, so you can feel like you're wearing socks and sandals without having to look like you are.

I've checked out their site and the minisocks come in a myriad of colors and styles. And like I said, personally, I'm not all that opposed to them. I can see them looking cute done right and paired with a cute and quirky outfit. But I wanna know what you guys think? Do you like it? Hate it? Don't care? Would you wear them? I wanna know your style verdict.

Minisocks

14 comments:

  1. Probably not. I have a thing about socks. I don't like to wear them, even if they are supposedly chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I'll do it yet. I have to get used to the idea. I particularly don't like the look with open toe shoes... but the look on the far right in the picture you posted isn't all that bad. I could see it with some cute pumps and a pencil skirt...

    I'm still working on my boldness when it comes to personal fashion. I admire it on others so much though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely not with anything open toe, BUT it's got HUGE potential when worn with pumps. I'd rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. far left works, far right not so much... at all

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, i meant the EXACT OPPOSITE

    ReplyDelete
  6. No ma'am! Not so said the cat...that's fugly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, i may wear them with closed toe shoes, but only if my foot looked glamorous and slender in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. at first i threw up in my mouth a little bit. then after staring at them in horror for a while, i started to see how they might work with closed-toed heels only (and not white). then i regained consciousness. these are bad all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them in the last look with the pump. They are kinda punk rock, ya know? I'm totally not feeling them with the open toe sandals though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again, it's a totally new-looking concept. They did look good with the closed white shoe. If you have a slender foot, you can pretty much wear anything and your foot will look graceful and pretty. But if you have a short wide foot, as I do, No. I don't think you can get away with it without everyone looking at your feet and wondering, WHY?.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Socks a la Carrie Bradshaw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's really fresh and innovative. you just have to have style and confidence to pull it off. i love the white pump picture. i'd definitely rock MURATS minisock--and i have other minisocks at home too without the bow....they actually look really cute under certain patton leather clear styles...i know it sounds weird but it can be pulled off!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails