Just to let ya'll know, I actually completed my Michael Kors dress about a month and a half ago. And I've already debuted it at an event that I attended back in February! I'll take you through my process, because it wasn't without it's challenges...
Ok, Remember? I spotted this dress in my January Elle... and fell for it, HARD.
I already had 5 yards of this lightweight embroidered black fabric above that I didn't know what to do with... that was until I spotted the Michael Kors dress...
My embroidered fabric was VERY lightweight, as in pretty much see-through. So it needed to be lined (lining the bodice front and back above.
And VOILA! My bodice is complete! But hold up... not so fast. It DOESN'T FIT ME. I couldn't even get the bodice back edges together! WTH??? This dress is the exact same size as my L.A.M.B.! Is it because of the addition of the lining? Was I bloated? Or worse, had I gotten fatter? I finally came to the conclusion that it was the addition of the lining (and NO. I'm not in denial... but I have since "upped" my workouts, lol!) so I had to let out the side seams and the front and back darts to adjust the fit.
This is my dress with the skirt added and it was near completion before the placement of the back zipper and the shortening of the hem. Because if you look at the Michael Kors dress, it's an above knee-length dress. My dress was below knee-length at this stage... I also added some black piping to the waistline.
And now... TA-DA! My Michael Kors dress with the vintage "Audrey Hepburn" look is complete! It fits perfectly, and I added POCKETS! And believe me, the dress is even more wonderful with the pockets in. I had fun wearing it out!