January 23, 2007

Style Verdict: Black and White for Spring

I spotted this black and white "trend" over at Elle (2007 Spring Season's Biggest Trends!), but I have to tell you, I have a problem with calling the classic and timeless color combination of black and white a "trend". To me, black and white together NEVER, EVER goes out of style. It's perfect together, it's "yin" and "yang". It's "ebony" and "ivory". It lives together in perfect harmony. Sorry... couldn't resist that one! But whether it's photographs, movies or clothing, I think black and white is fabulous together. But what do YOU think? Do you think it's great together? Do you like it? Hate it? Don't care? Would you wear it? I wanna know your style verdict.

Photos left to right: Column dress-Ralph Lauren, Babydoll frock-C'N'C Costume National, Swimsuit-Emporio Armani, Strapless print-Nicole Farhi, Polka Dot Mini-CHANEL.

Related Story:
I Heart Black and White

6 comments:

Miss Angel said...

Timeless! Especially in the form of that adorable babydoll frock from Costume National - LOVE!

Keli said...

I love black and white together. That's what my wardrobe primarily consists of.

Caro said...

black and white looks fabulous and will never stop being fabulous. that is all.

Sarah B. ;-) said...

@ keli... ME TOO!

I heart the babydoll frock, the swim piece and I though the Chanel mini was a separate top and skirt, (b/c I only like the top) but since it's a dress, I'll pass on it.

Great post!

Kasmira said...

I love black and white - but I think it's sort of lame as a "spring" trend. It isn't spring-like at all!

Quamela said...

Greetings.
I just droped by to wish you well for the up coming week.Perhaps spring is just around the corner, if we can just hang in there.
Quamela

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails