January 10, 2007

Cute, Not Cute: People's Choice Awards

The 2007 People's Choice Awards went down last night in Los Angeles at the Shrine Auditorium, so I said to myself, "self" you haven't done a CUTE, NOT CUTE red carpet post in a while, not since the 2006 MTV VMA's last year, so here is my first one for 2007!

Halle is 40 and fabulous! I thought Halle looked great last night in this gold plated number. It showed off her legs and her toned physique. And she don't look no kinda pregnant in this pic like what's been widely speculated. CUTE.I don't know what Sandra Oh (or more likely, her stylist) was thinking when they let her leave the house with this shapless dress on. She has the cutest little figure! And this dress looks like the Chrysler building to me. I don't like it. NOT CUTE.

Now this little taupe off the shoulder number that Ali Larter is wearing, well I thought this dress was super chic! Nevermind that I LOVE almost ANYTHING that's off the shoulder sexy. CUTE.
Katherine Heigl from Grey's Anatomy in this... blue.. number. Uh-uh. Didn't like it. Another shapely girl wearing a near shapeless dress. To me, it looks like her grandma or her great aunt or somebody made it, and not well either. This dress is sooo not flattering on her, and she should KNOW better. NOT CUTE.Now I've been a Malinda Williams fan for a long time. She's cute as a button to me, this dress, however IS NOT. Not by a long shot. Short in front with a long train in back??? No ma'am. NOT CUTE.
Kate Walsh in a navy blue STUNNER! Now this chick is showin' 'em how it's supposed to be done! Fabulous. Definitely CUTE.

Joely Fisher. Ya'll should already know exactly where I'm about to go. I think Joely may have forgotten this little tidbit of info, that if your "girls" are a bit on the heavy side, that they need support. They need to be reigned in, hoisted and harnessed. Your "girls" can't support themselves anymore Joely. I'm gonna need for you to handle that a l'il better next time, mmm-kay? Thanks.

And lastly, these long, floor sweeping ball gowns on a red carpet that's NOT the Oscars. I take a bit of an issue with this. And maybe it's just me, but floor length ball gowns at movie premieres, the MTV Awards, the Grammy's, the AMA's, the People's Choice, and I could go on, but to me, long dresses are supremely OUT OF PLACE at some of these events. The Oscars? Ok. The Tony's? Ok. But IMO, a long formal gown at an event that seems more suited to a chic cocktail dress (see Halle, Ali, and Kate above), just looks like silliness. It looks like people who are way too eager to play "dress up" to me. So I don't like it, and I'm not saying I don't like these gowns, but I don't like these gowns for this occasion. Personal preference. So this one is a NOT CUTE.

7 comments:

Erica B. said...

Halle, Ali and Kate are all fashion winners! Sandra's dress is awful; Katherine tried, but everyone can't pull off retro. Malinda's tiny frame is overwhelmed by all of that dress. And Joely should know that after babies and breastfeeding, you need support.

Juicy said...

Love, Love, Love Halle's dress (Gucci).

Anonymous said...

I agree to a point. It depends on the style of the long gown. Most of the above dresses are indeed out of place, but the more risky and fun long gowns like queen latifha's arrival dress and Hayden's are fun. I vote cute...to a point.

Miss Angel said...

Ok, so Halle's dress is SLAMMIN'!! Good call!

Sarah B. ;-) said...

WOW... I agree with you 100% Chanel!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again!...I want to be Halle Berry when I grow up!!!

All of the "CUTES" are FIERCE! And I'm not so mad about the "NOT CUTES" b/c they are all cutie-patooties at heart, they just messed up this one time ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

juiicySCOOP said...

Sandra Oh's stylist always does her dirty. Do these people not have a say in what they wear!? I would NEVER wear anything I wasn't completely comfortable in, unless they were paying me a million dollars of course!

Brie Jackson said...

Melinda usually dosen't miss on the fashion tip. The dress is not so cute but the color is great on her.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails