November 28, 2006

My Interview with ANTM's Michelle...

Michelle, one of the twins was eliminated last week on Top Model and I interviewed her earlier today. Check out my phone interview with her below as she reveals her future plans, who (besides her sister) she would like to see win it all, and the NBA team she's currently rooting for...
Michelle: Hey.
Me: Hi Michelle! How are you?
Michelle: I'm good, how are you?
Me: Pretty good. Congratulations on making it to the Top 5!
Michelle: Thanks.
Me: Were you surprised that you lasted so long on the show?
Michelle: Um, yeah, I really didn't think that I would last that long, but after seeing all of my photos, I wasn't that surprised.
Me: Well you did take some good photos, but I gotta tell you, I was terrified of interviewing you or your sister Amanda because I could rarely tell you two apart on the show.
(Michelle laughs)
Me: So who's the oldest, you or Amanda?
Michelle: Amanda's older.
Me: Really? I was figuring you to be the oldest. Tell me, was it harder or easier being on the show with your sister?
Michelle: I think it was easier because I had my sister there for moral support, but at the same time, it was harder because I had my sister to worry about.
Me: Well I was watching some footage of you and your sister and found out that both of you were in college before the competition but you were actually attending separate colleges.

Michelle: Yeah we went to rival colleges. Her college had a better theater program and my school had a better basketball program so we chose our schools based on what we liked.
Me: And you played basketball, were you any good?
Michelle: Um, well, I wasn't like the star of the team but I enjoy it, I have fun with it.
Me: Ok, let's talk Top Model. Would you say that your experience on the show was a good one?

Michelle: Yeah, I feel like I had a really good experience on the show.
Me: I'm just asking because you seemed to be a little unsure of who you were and what you
really wanted to do while you were on the show.
Michelle: Well yeah, I mean, I'm a normal teenager, I didn't know what I wanted. While I was on the show, I just wasn't sure if I had the same passion as the other girls, and because of that, I kind of felt bad at times for being there.
Me: You did say that the being on the show helped you to figure out a little bit of who you were as a person, are you more resolved on who you are now?

Michelle: Yeah, I can agree with that.
Me: Ok, let's get to the elimination, because when it got down to you and your sister being the last two to get a photo from Tyra, I thought that your sister Amanda might be eliminated by the way Tyra kept praising your "natural talent". Were you surprised when you were eliminated?

Michelle: Um, I expected it from the beginning because I kinda knew that it would end that way... you know, I thought I was gonna go because judging from a couple past episodes, the judges usually keep the one who wants it the most.
Me: The judges made a comment that they thought you might have been "sacrificing yourself" so that your sister could have a better chance at winning the Top Model title. And you even said that you thought you might have been a distraction to your sister and that you didn't want her to leave because it was her dream. So do you think you sacrificed yourself for your sister to have a better chance?

Michelle: Maybe subconsciously a little bit I might have sacrificed myself because I knew my sister had taken a bad photo in the last challenge and she might have gone home that week. But I didn't consciously go into eliminations thinking that I'm going to purposely not do well, I actually thought I was in the clear because I had taken a pretty good photo. But the panel challenges got me, I was just never really good at those.
Me: Do you have any regrets in the competition, anything you wish you could go back and do differently?

Michelle: Um, no I don't regret anything, I probably wouldn't do anything different, maybe during my final panel challenge, I might have talked a little less!
Me: Are you going to keep the red hair?

Michelle: Right now, it's not red anymore, because it was a semi-permanent color, so it's pretty much faded out, but I'll probably color it back.
Me: Well it looked good on you. So what are your plans now that the show is over?

Michelle: I'm gonna finish out this semester of college and then continue to pursue modeling.
Me: Besides your sister Amanda, who would you like to see win this season of
Top Model?
Michelle: Um... Caridee.
Me: Ok, let's do my fun questions! Since you play basketball and you now have modeling experience, I'm gonna throw out some terms and see how good you are... Ready?

Michelle: Okay.
Me: What's a "bounce pass"?
Michelle: That's where you bounce the ball on the court to pass it to another player.
Me: What's a "jump ball"?

Michelle: At the beginning of the game the officials throw up the ball between two people and whoever tips it to their player, they have possession of the ball.
Me: Wow great! But I have to tell you, I didn't know some of these terms before I looked them up... (Michelle laughs) Ok, on to the model questions. What's a "catwalk"?
Michelle: It's the runway path when you're walking down the runway.

Me:
Alright, how about a "go-see"?
Michelle: The audition that you go on to meet with different modeling agencies.
Me: Do you have a favorite NBA team?
Michelle: The Lakers right now.
Me: How about a favorite fashion model?
Michelle: Gabrielle Reese.
Me: Supermodel, basketball star or both?
Michelle: Both!
Me: Well that's all I have! Thanks Michelle for taking the time to speak with me, and much success to you in the future!
Michelle: Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Good Interview.

    I was actually surprised she was sent home. I just knew that Miss Caridee was out because Miss Thang has gotten a little beside herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keli-
    I know, right? Caridee went waaay out of line with Nigel last week, but like Michelle said, the judges want to give it to somebody who wants it bad, and she really didn't know what she wanted at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I too was surprise that it was not Caridee after getting a little too fresh with Nigel. I'll have to use that line: "You know me, but you don't know me!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ erica b.: I said the same thing about that line! It's so true.


    This was a really, REALLY good interview!

    You're not so bad at this Miss Hip Candy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview.

    So if I get fired from my job for reading Hip Candy all day, will you interview me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. damn the twins got eliminated, lol!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Michelle, and I'm glad that there are these interviews to clear up sketchy things from the show. Editing sucks! You never get the full story. Anyways, I knew that Caridee wasn't going home. I mean, with all the stress they put on what they said, I knew that they were trying to make you think that she was. I mean, she appologized like a million times, so there was no way that she was going home. Bottom 2, maybe, but she was safe. I totally called the twin vs. twin thing. I didn't know who I wanted to stay. I love Amanda's passion, but Michelle's pictures were so good! Well, I guess that's why the judges were there, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the twins, they don't have a 100% body control but they are cute ;)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails