September 19, 2006

Style Verdict - Cropped Vests

Photo Source: People Mag
The cropped vest. Like the Fashion Mags say, and this may sound somewhat contradictory, but these fitted cropped menswear vests really highlight a womans curves. And I know this because I bought one over the weekend. It was styled on the hanger over a white button up shirt, like in the photos above, over a pair of skinny jeans. The styling was so on point I was instantly sold. It is absolutley amazing to me how easily swayed I can be sometimes, but I actually like the look. The cropped vest is by no means my regular mode of dress, but I can roll with a more tailored look every now and again. I can, because I am a style chameleon. Or a sucker for trendy store merchandising, however you want to spin it. But hey, I want to know your thoughts. I want to know what you think about this trend. Do you like it? Hate it? Don't care? Would YOU buy it and wear it? I wanna know your style verdict.

13 comments:

  1. It can highlight the curves, but it can also cause extra fat rolls, and muffin top. I'm just not into vests period. However, I think a cropped styled blazer would be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm. I must say keli, that point is a valid one. I guess it would completely depend on you knowing what looks good on your shape to determine whether or not you could wear this look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so true, I have seen this style done as a total hit and on target, and then I've also seen it as a total miss.... It depends on who wears this and how, but I'm like you Chanel, I think I could pull it off every now and then. And for the record, I like the look on the first two photos, but something's not right in photo #3 for me... don't know. My style verdict: It's a cute look, but it's not for everybody (like bikinis).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's an adorable look, just not for me... I know my own limitations and I don't think that length would be flattering. However, I did sew one for my daughter. It's a cropped halter version in a wool plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always see people wearing this with white undershirts, I have one of these vests and I can't seem to match it with ANYTHING. ughh, I guess i"ll keep on looking through fashion mag's for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thinks definitely a cute look. Would I wear it? No. It would only draw attention the one area I don't want attention. *pops 8 Minute Abs into the DVD player* lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. s'okay...but I think a tight corset over a white, button-up would be cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would definetly wear it, its so trendy, yet able to wear anywhere. its a yes for me.

    WHERE CAN I BUY ONE?!?!
    please tell me.
    if possible, can i order one online?

    thanks --
    angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. its adorable. im actually on the hunt for one in grey, because it looks versatile. plaid doesn't match everything and black can make it look to formal, i say grey could look casual and a bit formal with the right accessories..im about to pull out the mcalls pattern and make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i absolutely love these cropped vests but i'm finding it very difficult finding these in stores and online as well. care to help?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @anon & aileen,
    I haven't really seen the cropped vests out recently, I purchased the one I have a little over a year ago from Old Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. although people state a valid point and arguement, I luv these vests!! theyre cute, comfy, and add a little bit of personal flare to any boring outfit. however, you also must be concious of ur own body type and shape. Just becuz somethinfs a trend and "stylish" doesnt mean its for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i totally just scored one of these in grey for $10 at suzy shier : D

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails