July 24, 2006

8th Annual HollyRod DesignCure + More Celeb Events, Photos & Links...

It was another busy weekend for the Hollywood set. The 8th Annual HollyRod DesignCure Event happened on Saturday July 22 in Beverly Hills, the Starry Night Benefit honoring Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa also went down on Saturday in Malibu, Wendy Williams hosted the "Dons and Divas" Ball in New York City on Saturday, and Walmart hosted panel discussions on "Empowering Women to Succeed in Hollywood" also on Saturday in Miami...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hosts of the 8th Annual HollyRod DesignCure
Holly Robinson-Peete & Rodney Peete

Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon attended. She looks great with the new short bob...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sanaa also attended. She works out her style and good looks to the nth degree... must have been a popular night for red...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cookie (Johnson) was there... she is always really cute to me...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And so was Star, looking better (and fuller - which equals better, she was getting TOO thin) than I've seen her in past weeks. Good to see that she is taking everything in stride. I was never really a huge fan of hers, but I would like to see her bounce back...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Also in attendance at the HollyRod Design Cure was Chris Rock, wife Malaak Rock and the Rev. Jesse Jackson...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Is it just me, or is Natalie Cole SMOKIN' HOT! SHE LOOKS FABULOUS! Check her tiny waistline! Has she even aged in the last 20 years? Certainly doesn't appear that way...

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oprah and Babyface came out to honor Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa Saturday in Malibu...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

so did Eric Benet and his cute as a button teenage daughter India...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Radio gossip disc jock Wendy Williams hosted the "Dons & Divas" Ball in New York City on Saturday...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wendy Williams with Actress Malinda Williams
(no relation to my knowledge)

Now, I don't mind wigs at all, I own a few myself, I love to buy hair... but this, on Wendy... I hate to say it Wendy, but the blond wig is a hot crooked mess, sorry.

Finally, Walmart hosted panel discussions Saturday in Miami on "Empowering Women to succeed in Hollywood"...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hollywood heavy hitters Cicely Tyson was on the panel as well as Suzanne de Passe and Mara Brock-Akil (creator of the show "Girlfriends")

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hip News...

Guess who's the most bankable actor in Hollywood... click here to find out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Is Eddie Murphy remarrying an ex Spice Girl? Dun, dun, dun...

That's all for now ya'll! Happy Birthday Daddy!

4 comments:

big ron said...

Sanaa is my girlfriend.
Wendy is Rue Paul's brother.

Sarah B. ;-) said...

Kudos to Tyler Perry... Sanaa is gorgeous, all the time it seems like. Wendy scares me. Natalie Cole is looking like an aging black superstar with money to help her stay beautiful. Can't hate her for that. Star still kinda scares me a bit too...just a little, not as much as Wendy. I want to walk the red carpet one time in my life... and look good too, that means I get to choose from the closet of someone like my girl Tracee E. Ross. Get the makeup, hair, nails, the works! I'll tell ya'll all about it when it happens.

SWB said...

I'm glad Star is being visible and not allowing that RAW deal she received from the View (the stew) to hold her back. I don't have time to watch a lot of TV and didn't watch the Stew - I mean the View. But Star is a winner! That show will reap what they have sewn. Star is a believer also. God is on her side and she's going up, up, up (now take that, Barabara!)

You also have some of my other favorites on this day's profile: Natalie, Baby Face, Cicely Tyson, Suzanne dePasse and my fellow Kosiuskoan "O".

Jesse is everywhere! He don't miss a beat does he.

I like Hip Candy. If I may ask, what inspired the name?

Chanel said...

So glad you asked SWB... the name "Hip Candy" was inspired by my clothing label/clothing store name "Hip Couture" which will be relaunching online later this fall.

www.hipcouture.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails