June 22, 2006

Things you maybe didn't know about me...

  1. I sucked my thumb until I was 8 years old.
  2. I own an acoustic guitar of which I cannot play, but will after I get lessons.
  3. I love Starbucks tall non-fat cinnamon dolce latte (with whip) even though I can't get it again until the fall.
  4. I chatted up Sydney Poitier briefly outside Mr. Chow in Los Angeles. He was extremely gracious while out with his wife.
  5. I thought Napoleon Dynamite was funny. Life, with Martin and Eddie was funny too.
  6. I have the entire New Testament King James Version on my Ipod.
  7. I know every word to LL Cool J's "I Need Love"
  8. Me and a few of my girlfriends from childhood call each other "bro".
  9. I like sushi, but I won't eat the octopus or the eel.
  10. I just got the vehicle I've been wanting since I was 17 years old, a Jeep.
  11. Traveling the world is deep in my blood, my soul, a true and fiery passion that cannot be quenched, like a friend's father told me recently, I have a severe case of wanderlust.
  12. I cry during movies. And some commercials.
  13. An annual subscription of Mademoiselle magazine (gifted to me by my Grandma when I was 14) was the spark that ignited my deep interest in fashion.
  14. I ran for Miss Freshman at Southern (University) for a place on the homecoming court and came in 4th (out of 8 girls).
  15. At my heaviest, I weighed 145 lbs.
  16. Out of all the girls on girlfriends, I like the way Joan (Tracee Ellis Ross) dresses best.
  17. I thought the movie Kung Fu Hustle was hilarious.
  18. I don't like fashion rules, I like to wear what I want.
  19. I like to fall asleep to the Cartoon Channel.
  20. I have never tried any type of drugs, ever, not even marijuana, and I won't ever.
  21. I have to shop H & M in New York City whenever I'm there or the trip is a bust.
  22. I love Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, and Las Vegas.
  23. I just started liking and eating beets.
  24. I will never like nor eat brussel sprouts.
  25. I miss New Orleans the way it was.
  26. I make the bed while my husband is still in it.
  27. Favorite candy bar - Mounds
  28. I love Alfred Hitchkock movies (Vertigo, To Catch a Thief, Dial M for Murder, North by Northwest, Rope and others) but not Psycho, Psycho creeped me out.
  29. I could spend hours in the drug store and hair supply.
  30. I don't like the look of bluetooth telephone earpieces, it's a very wierd "Star Trek" type ridiculous look.
  31. I have never been camping, nor have I been to Europe, Hawaii or Australia, but I want to.
  32. I like Payless shoes. I love Target, but I also like designers Rebecca Taylor, Catherine Malandrino and Tracy Reese. Love, love love their pieces.
  33. Blackberry cobbler and Banana's Foster Cheesecake are two of the best desserts ever.
  34. I completely loathe pantyhose.
  35. "Looking for the Perfect Beat" by African Bambaataa is one of my cell phone ringtones. The theme from "Charlie's Angels" is another.
  36. I try to pay with exact change when buying with cash, I have a coin purse and everything.
  37. I walked down the aisle with Halle Berry's ex, Michael Ealy at my cousins Hollywood wedding.
  38. I won statewide piano competitions in high school, but the only thing I can play now is "Up On The Housetop", a christmas song by the chipmunks... If you don't use it, you will lose it.
  39. When I am in Los Angeles, I like Fatburger's hamburger with the fried egg on it, but no cheese.
  40. I can eat with chopsticks. I have been a contestant on the Price is Right. I have a mild obsession with keeping a dry drinking glass, soda can, or bottle. I will wipe continuously if wet.
  41. I love my job, and the fact that I am my own boss, but I would drop it all in a minute to travel.
  42. The design school I graduated from (FIDM) is being showcased on "The Hills" an MTV Reality Show.
  43. I met my husband in a club where he used to DJ and we've been married going on 11 years, take that Nicole Richie!
  44. I don't really care for Jessica Simpson any more now that she is not with Nick.
  45. Fried chicken and waffles really do taste great together.
  46. I'd like to know more about my Black History than what I know. I am going to make a real effort to learn more.
  47. I love sunglasses. I currently own 10 pair.
  48. I don't like to see women wear pantyhose with sandals. Unless you are someone's great great grandmother, don't do this.
  49. I am in love with Autumn and Prince (my younger brother's children) they make me smile.
  50. I worked as an intern at BCBG Max Azria while at Design school in Los Angeles.

10 comments:

  1. just randomly found your blog - and i gotta say, #37 took my breath away! ooooh, michael eeeeealy!
    nice blog, i'll drop by again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i just learned more about you in 2 minutes than i've known over the last 10 years! this blogging thing is pretty cool! as you can see, once again i'm on the back end of "cutting-edge"...i just got a lesson on iPods from a guy a Target a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I never thought you would have some many "wow" factors from your life...you are so quiet...makes me wonder what your next blog will be about. Congrats on all your endeavors that you have accomplished so far. You are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonceree' Antoine GrisbyFri Jun 23, 10:54:00 AM 2006

    Hey bro,
    I've been sharing this with my co-workers! It's very interesting as well as amusing. Keep sending it and I'll keep sharing it. Talk to you later.

    Ceree'

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen to #48. and maybe you've noticed it's always in that unnatural for anyone "sunset" color. I don't know why they still make that color, it hasn't been popular since the golden girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, I am impressed! You are truly an imspiration and your zest for life is utterly refreshing. I'm taking notes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great information, but you know how I feel about that Michael Ealy. Anyway, I will have to save it in case I out and I need to find you a quick gift or treat. Mounds is keeper. About the leggings, I only have one question: "Does anything ever really go out of style?" I suggest we take good care of our apparel we never know when we will need it again.

    Lizzette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this blog! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5. Napoleon Dynamite was very funny. I agree.
    16. My sister LOVES how Joan dresses, but I prefer Lynn.
    18. I totally agree.
    32. Target and Payless totally rock.
    34. I also hate pantyhose. I dread wearing them.
    42. I love The Hills
    44. Jessica sucks. Nick rocks.
    I learned alot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE Women who wear Pantyhose, they are sooo sexy. I don't understand why women can wear and put on other things that are uncomfortable, but when it comes to Pantyhose they'd rather die :-(. I can say that from a male perspective, mostly all men like when a woman is wearing hosiery (in good taste). We find them pleasing to the eye & to the touch... The only men who don't like women to wear hosiery are 'horn-dogs' who feel like hosiery is just another barrier between them & the 'Promise-Land'

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails